Friday, February 1, 2013

Simply Mad about LOVE stories


Hello!!!!  First day of February and first day of "14 Days of Love Stories" - we have some good ones coming.  This first story is a sweet story of finding love in an unexpected place... The pretty and bubbly Angela from Never Nola sent me her love story with her hubby and I had a good time reading it, I hope you will too...

Here is Angela's love story...
{ In the spring of 2004, a new church group with young single people... sounded... well, like a meat market! But my friends insisted I join them. I caved! I walked in and instantly noticed a boy with eyes bluer than the sky, with a smile that lit up the room, and I think I fell in love right there! I walked past him about 15 time to go to the water fountain, trying to drum up the nerve to say hello. I failed. During the last class though, to my surprise, he came and sat down right next to me!! (apparently he had been eying me too). We chatted after, and he asked for my phone number. He was in town visiting a friend & was headed back to Idaho a few days later, so the next  evening we squeezed in a date before he headed home. 

Angela & Colby
Over the next several months we kept in touch casually, as friends, because we were both seeing other people. He was then sent down to Arizona to work on a camp ground that was about an hour away from me. We hung out with groups of friends, still just friends for about 8 months... all the while realizing how much we had in common with each other and enjoyed each others company. Every moment spent with him I could feel the connection, the enjoyment and thrill for life! He was exhilarating to be around.

Shortly following, our previous relationships were over, and we moved out of the friend zone and began dating. In March of 2005, I moved to Idaho to attend school where I had several friends attending (or as he claims -- for him!) That may be slightly true... but dont tell him that... shhh...

By May 2005 (two months after I moved to Idaho) we were engaged, & on August 20th. 2005 (five months after I moved to Idaho) we were married!  Yes! Quick I know! But why wait? We will be celebrating 8 years this summer, I thank god every day for this man in my life.  Sometimes you just know, and with him it was that way. We have 2 beautiful children, and an incredible love that grows every day.

One of my favorite love songs is by Brad Paisley: "And I Thought I Loved You Then..." and those words have never been more true with each passing day. I love you Colby!
}

No comments:

Post a Comment