Saturday, February 2, 2013

Simply Mad about LOVE Stories - day 3



Welcome to day 3 of "14 Days of Love Stories".  Today's is the story of a dear couple friend of ours, who preferred to stay anonymous...:o) 

This is a story of sweet love found in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  A master love plan in his mind...a total surprise for her heart!

{ send me your story } there is plenty of time and every love story is worth telling - email  me at simplymad@ymail.com



Here is their story...
{ We were business partners in a cruise vacations business.  We became very close almost inseparable.  At that time he was going thru a divorce and I would give him advice about how to try and work things out with his wife and when that didn't seem possible, I would introduce him to and try to set him up with my friends.  In October 2007, we attended a business conference held on board a cruise liner while it made its way from NYC to London across the Atlantic.  In attendance were many colleagues from the travel industry who knew us well and with whom we had attended previous conferences. 

One of the formal nights the entire group ended up in ship’s disco as it pretty much happened every night of the 6-day trip.  At one point during the night we went to the outdoor area of the disco to have a cigarette but we could still hear the live music playing.  As if fate was waiting for the perfect moment – a moment when we would be alone - the music switched from danceable to slow and the singer said: “those of you who are in love and want to express that love to your partner, this is the time.  Dare to do it!  This is your chance!”  He asked me to dance repeatedly and I kept saying noooo…it was a slow song and I was shy.  He insisted so much that the man sitting next to us started egging me on to accept the invitation to dance.  At that point I couldn’t say no anymore without starting to look childish so I agreed.  Half way through the song he whispered in my ear: “it seems I am falling in love with you”.  I pushed back, looked at him and laughed.  I couldn’t believe it!  He then  said: “what you say is not important, I just had to tell you how I felt regardless of what your response or decision would be". 

My sister in law had always told me he liked me…she would say: "look at the way he looks at you" and I would always say" “noooo, he is my partner…no way!"

We finished dancing and re-joined the group inside.  I thought about what had just happened and the truth was that I liked him, I liked being around him, I felt very comfortable around him and at that point nothing else seemed important – why not give it a shot?!  I looked at him, I caressed his hair and then he kissed me!  That’s how it all started!  We tried to hide what was going on from our colleagues on board, but our efforts to conceal our new found love went out the window when we were caught kissing in a dark corner like two teenagers.  That was over 5 years ago…today we live together and we are happier than ever! }





No comments:

Post a Comment