Friday, February 15, 2013

Simply Mad About THIS LOVE Story - last one!



Mariana (right) & Claudia (left) circa 2004

We have one more story!!!! Yay!!  This one is very special to me.  It is about the cousin-hood, friendship, sweet sisterly love and bond between two teenage cousins.  This amazing girls are my nieces Claudia Sofia (14) and Mariana Nicole (12).  This is how Claudia describes their relationship...

Here is Claudia's love story...Happy reading!

{ So this may not be your typical love story but here it goes. You might think I am going to start telling you about how I met this boy and how he’s so great and lovely but I am actually writing about my cousin, Mariana and I, because while boys come and go she’s always there. I shouldn’t actually mention her as a cousin because we’re actually kind of sisters since we spend loads of time together and see each other every day, but to avoid any confusion, yes we are cousins. Our age difference may not seem like that big of a deal considering that it’s only a two year difference but in some occasions the type of problems we each have can sort of collide, meaning that when she’s experiencing all the stuff that I already went through I am here getting bombarded with new stuff that I, on my own, have to sort out. You can say she has a sort of advantage because any problems she can’t solve I am here to help but she actually is a big help when I need to vent my problems to someone.


It wasn’t always like this, actually when we were younger everyday was an immature fight about who knows what and we would literally not speak at each other and automatically go our separate ways making the adults ask questions about what happened and their endless effort in trying to get us to apologize to each other made me even angrier at times. This was until one day, playing with plastic Barbie dolls and a little pink mansion that I realized how stupid we were being. So my then 8 year-old self looked at my then 6 year-old cousin and said “If we fight again remember what the fight really is about, and how stupid it really is because it’s not worth getting mad at each other.” Mariana stared at me with a smile and nodded. From there on every time we fight we’d say “Why are we fighting again?” and then any anger in us would vanish. I guess since then we became really close and I am glad cause the age difference between my other cousins and I is greater and  it is always easier to talk to Marian than any other. As we became older we started going through things together. She told me everything; I told her everything. It’s a never ending cycle and she really does help. I might bore her with my ranting sometimes but  the fact that she’s there to listen means a lot because as I am telling her how confused I may be or how frustrated and exhausted I am of a certain problem I get to understand myself and sort out a possible solution. So I thank her for that, and all the other things she’s done for me. For the laughs, fun times, every unforgettable memory and for being my partner in crime, thank you. }




No comments:

Post a Comment