Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simply Mad About...Family & Celebrations!

Hello!  It has been a while, hasn't it?  Well, I have recently gotten back from a trip to see mine and Trey's family in the US.  I spent three happy weeks with them, celebrating birthdays, spending quality time with my parents and Trey's and showcasing the latest Simply Mad Jewelry designs.



I told you Fla. was relaxing!
After two relaxing days in Florida, I flew to Puerto Rico to see my crazy, loud and awesome family.  The main reason I chose these dates to visit, was to surprise my dad for his 70th birthday and surprise him I did!  I also surprised my mom.  My dad and my sister share the same birthday so I got to celebrate hers as well.  The day after my arrival, my brother and his family also arrive as a surprise and over the weekend we treated my dad to yet another surprise - a "sailor themed" birthday party with friends, family and lots of dancing music so the "dancing king" (i.e. my dad) indulge and show off his dance moves.

dad and my sister blowing b-day candles with mom
the "dancing king" and I
















Going to Puerto Rico is hectic and busy...there is always something to do; we are always going to or coming from somewhere.  But it is always good...the goings and comings are usually to one of my sisters' house to sit around the dining table sharing stories, catching up, cracking jokes and drinking wine.  And if we are not going to one of my sisters' house then we are going to a local restaurant for a "much-missed-and-deliciously-heavy-meal-of-rice, beans and fried plantains".  It doesn't matter where we go to or where we come from, I cherish these moments and hold them dear to my heart.

After the my dad's birthday party, it was time to get to work.  I had a week to prepare for Simply Mad's 4th Annual Bazaar in Puerto Rico.  It is always a great opportunity to catch up with friends and to meet new ones and this particular year the event got covered by the lifestyle section of the major local newspaper - El Nuevo Dia.  I was a happy camper and the Bazaar was total success!

at the Bazaar
sparkly necklaces
choices!
After the Bazaar...I had two full days to spend with my parents who have recently retired.  It was, to my delight, a full 48 hours of uninterrupted, quality time with them.


Birthday dinner for Jay in Fla.
birthday hug!

From Florida I flew to Boston on the same day the first "Boston Marathon Bomber" was killed...ay ay ay!  I made my flight with some fear but a lot of excitement because I was meeting my nephew Eric Andres who was scheduled to tour one of the colleges in town.  The day we arrived, we were holed up in the hotel room following the request from the police to stay indoors.  It looked safe outside but every store and business was closed.  It gave us a chance to nap, talk and bond over room service lunch complete with wine and beer - why not?  We had a nice dinner together and via You Tube he introduced me to Hannibal, a very funny comedian I had never heard of.  By the end of the night, the second suspect had been arrested and we were FREE and psyched to see a little bit of Boston the following morning.  And so we did, we got up early and strolled around downtown Boston - what a great city.  Beautiful brick architecture and small shops lining Newbury Street.  What a treat it was for me to have that time with him, to get to know him better and to help him with college selection process.
Eric & I in Boston Common

I have been back in Tokyo now for a week.  Between jet lag, a very good book I am reading and a general feel of "I-am-completely-out-of-my-routine-and-I-don't-know-how-to-fall-back-into-it", it always takes me a while...but here I am...I AM BACK!!!

Have lots of things to share with you...new jewelry and an exciting promotion I did with Macho Spouse for Mother's Day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment