Saturday, May 4, 2013

Simply Mad About Sun, Wind & Sea


A new Simply Mad collection is taking shape and here is the inspiration behind it...

Sometime ago, on a whim, I took a trip to Martha’s Vineyard by myself and stayed in a charming bed & breakfast called The Charlotte Inn in the town of Edgartown. I was in an adventurous stage in my life during which traveling alone and making last minute plans were the order of the day! Every weekend…another adventure with me, myself and I. I had never been to Martha’s Vineyard before and had no idea what to stay.
The Charlotte Inn
In the days leading up to my trip, I was reading a book called “When God Winks on Love”. It relates real-life love stories and how these couples found each other by what most would call coincidences, but the author argues that these events were God’s winks nudging these people to follow their intended destiny.

One of the couples whose story is told in the book, Paula & Gary, happened to own The Charlotte Inn in Edgartown. If that was not a wink from God to me, I don’t know what is! I immediately put the book down and called the Inn and made my reservation for my 3-night adventure.

Edgartown Lighthouse
Edgartown is a charming, charming little town where relaxed living, sailing, eating and beach going are top priorities. I remember marveling at the amount of sailboats lining the horizon and at the salty smell the air was charged with. 

There is something very alluring bout these New England coastal towns where luxury and easy living co-exist brilliantly. The casual style mixed with high-end elements make these quaint and charming feel like little piece of heaven.

I hold great memories from that weekend in Edgartown staying at a bed and breakfast I had a secret “wink” in  common with and I still smile when I remember how I came to choose The Charlotte Inn. And by the way, I did meet Paula and Gary! I have recently re-visited those memories and inspiration struck during my reminiscing and a new collection was born!
Mood Board


Sun, Wind & Sea is Simply Mad’s nautical-themed collection inspired by my weekend in this gem of an island. Reds, blues and gold tones abound in the designs evoking a sense of glamour, images of infinite and mysterious seas and the magic of a breathtaking sunset.

Sailboats and sailing are synonymous with luxury, old world elegance, freedom and romance. Let your hair loose and let the wind blow your troubles away, let the sun warm your skin and enjoy the endless sea sparkling all around you. Let these jewelry pieces take you on a sailing journey where you can be carefree and happy while you relax & enjoy the Sun, the Wind & the Sea!




Here is a preview of designs from the collection...shop "Sun, Wind and Sea" designs HERE


                                                                                                  
   









No comments:

Post a Comment