Monday, January 7, 2013

Simply Mad's Plan 2013


I hope you are settling in nicely into the new year.  Trey was on vacation last week so for me the new year kinda starts today.  Last week was spent relaxing, recharging and reflecting.

I love the sense of endless possibilities a new year brings and the cleansing power of leaving an old year behind.  This year I didn't make any official resolutions; I think any day is good to start over or make self -improvements, don't you think?  Plus my track record with new year's resolutions is less than stellar - hahaha!  How about you?  Did you make any resolutions for 2013?
borrowed this pict from Treat A Day 
There is something I am focusing my attention on this year though - my business.  Over the holidays I had my Simply Mad Jewelry shop critiqued by a pro - Jessika Hepburn from Oh My! Handmade Goodness.  The critique was kind (thank God and thank YOU Jessika) and full of great ideas and helpful suggestions.  Aside from the concrete support Jessika provided, the renew came with a much needed dose of encouragement and a new perspective about all that it takes to build and grow a small creative business.   So I start this week and this new year armed with tools and inspiration to take my jewelry business flying and flying high in 2013 and beyond!  You will see more of my travels reflected in my designs.  I have been "mind busy" picturing what the new pieces will look like, which of the places I have visited will I look to for inspiration and it is all really exciting. I have been revisiting some of my favorites spots through my pictures, reminiscing and reliving memorable moments Trey and I have shared while traveling.  While browsing around a flea market in Tokyo yesterday I found - what feels like a perfect inspiration piece for a Japan/Spring collection.  The colors are so cheery and the silk so soft and delicate - I am in love with it!!!  I can't wait to share the first pieces with you.
 Japanese silk found in a local free market in Tokyo
After two years of making and selling jewelry with moderate success, it is time to make and sell jewelry with a LOT of success.  This is the year when jewelry making will go from hobby to healthy obsession and then to absolute success.  And I will take you along with me in my journey...I need someone to cheerlead me along the way.

Aside from a new designing process and sources of inspiration, Simply Mad Jewelry has a new logo from Moxie Pear.  Up until now I had designed my own logos but it was time to go pro with the logo as well.  Thanks Lisa!  I love handmade but somethings need to be left to the pro's.  It still has what I call "my happy color" - that tone of blue - the old logo had combined with a salmon pink and soft blush color for the "wear it and be happy" tag line.  I think it is A W E S O M E...what do you think?
new and awesome logo!

I will continue to share my Japanese (and any other travel) experiences with you and somewhere in between there will give you updates about Simply Mad's new pieces, collections, inspiration and progress.

May 2013 be a year full of magic, love, health happiness and success for all of us!  May this new year be the year when all our dreams come true!

Cheers to a SIMPLY great 2013!
Mad

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! ...the logo, the inspiration, your enthusiasm. Should I say, "told you so..." LOL. When I first saw your pieces, more than their simple beauty, I was attracted by their origin. So, I'm glad you will be "linking" more of your travels to your designs. Wishing you much success, both personally and professionally, in 2013!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Menia! It is good to hear from you! Yes, the whole travel thing has always been there but I quite never knew how to pull it all together but now I have a clear vision! Funny how sometimes you need someone else to tell you what you already know so that it becomes real...I am excited! Yes, you told me so :o). Thx!

      Delete